Apple has posted a guide for artists looking to create a Ping artist profile on iTunes 10.
Once you have received an email approving your Ping artist profile, you’re ready to create it and start posting. Follow the steps and guidelines in this document to get your profile up and running, and to ensure that your posts are error-free.
iTunes Content Policies:
• Videos, photos, and text posts should not contain pornography, hate speech, racism, nudity, or any references to or depictions of drug use.
• Posts should not include advertisements or links to sites outside of iTunes.
• Posts should not contain links to other content providers.
• URLs should not be included in the About section of your artist profile. This includes official artist
website URLs. URLs can only be posted in the Event feed.
• Only upload photos and videos that you have a legal right to share.
• For the Music I Like section of your artist profile, we recommend that you don’t pick the same album multiple times, and that you don’t pick only your own music. Fans are eager to find new music that their favorite artists are listening to and downloading.
• Do not create your artist profile until you are ready to make a post or two. Fans will be far more likely to follow you if they can tell that your profile is active.
You can read the entire guide at this link...
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4