iRealSMS 184.108.40.206 has been updated with Retina Display Support, Faster Loading of Contact Pictures, Double Tap Options for QuickReply/QuickSend, and more.
What is included in the new update is a large list of bugfixes, long awaited Retina Support for the iPhone4 and a couple of cool features and performance improvements.
What's New In This Version:
● Retina Support: iRealSMS now brings full retina support for iPhone 4 users. Every graphic has been redesigned for the high resolution display. The contact images have also been optimized for the iPhone 4 so every QuickReply, Conversation and such show your pictures the way they are meant to be displayed. While on the topic of Retina support I want to give a shout out to my friend Bryan Minear (Bryanminear.com) @bryanminear whom designed our new iRealSMS icon.
● Faster Loading of Contact Pictures: No lag while scrolling though your conversations anymore, and no more waiting for the list to stop scrolling before the pics will load…. scroll away, the pics will load almost instantly.
● Double Tap Options for QuickReply / QuickSend: Designed for those of us that have many a times accidentally sent a message prematurely, or accidentally closed a message while typing a reply because the keyboard seems to be too close to the Command Buttons on the QuickReply. Designed as a sort of "Confirm to Send," it requires a double tap of any command(CLOSE VIEW REPLY) before it will be executed. A simple solution to a major annoyance.
● Conversation Recents: Ever needed to view a certain conversation but didnt want to leave your current app? Ever received a QuickReply and forgot what was said previously and wish you could take a quick peek at a recent message? Now you can! With our new Recents feature you can quickly and easily browse the conversation from the contact your texting without launching the iRealSMS application. In QuickSend or QuickReply just simply access the Recents icon in the Camera/Smiley menu or in the QuickReply you can simply Double-Tap the Contact Pic for immediate access.
● QuickQueue Support now on SpringBoard: Love the Queue system but wish you could use it in more than just the lockscreen? We did too, and now its possible. The Queue is now available system wide! Easily access all your unread QuickReply messages and view and reply to them in any order you want. Please note that the Queue is ONLY availible in portrait mode. There are 2 activation methods:
1. Tap the Queue Notification Badge in the upper right corner of the QuickReply
2. Install ACTIVATOR and setup an activation method/gesture
● Privacy Options Added for Queue: 2 options were added for the Queue System.
1. Queue AutoHide: Same thing as the QuickReply Autohide but in regards to the Queue. This is useful for those that want to utilize the Queue but dont want it to show for either privacy reasons or because you dont want to see it on lockscreen because you have another lockscreen SMS manager such as the LockInfo SMS plugin or Intelliscreen. To unhide you would use your designated Activator method.
2. Queue Preview: This setting will allow you to disable the message preview. So it will only show the sender name & contact picture.
● Full localization support for SpringBoard: this is useful to those whom werent able to get their QuickReply, QuickSend and Text to Speech to translate properly into their language.Also notable is the fact that as per user request we changed voice service dialog from "you got a new message from…" to read a shorter "new message from…"
● a lot of bugfixes to improve performance of the application
You can download and purchase iRealSMS from the Cydia Store for $14.99.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4