RogueSheep has announced its TouchUp App for iPad is now available from the App Store. TouchUp brings creative photo editing to iPad, enabling anyone to create captivating art from their photos or make common adjustments with ease.
RogueSheep CEO and co-founder Chris Parrish said, "The best part of TouchUp is how it really lets you interact with your photos in a new and fun way.There is something fascinating about how the barrier between user and photo disappears as you enjoy the experience of manipulating photos directly by touch."
The TouchUp App leverages iPad's graphics processor and OpenGL software to provide high-performance image editing in a refined user experience. Users can apply a variety of effects to their photo which can then be "brushed" on or off any portion of the image. Users can stack any number of effects and adjustments on their photos to make even more impressive results.
TouchUp allows users to quickly explore creative enhancement of their photos. Highlighting a subject by removing color from the background is simple when painting on the black and white effect. Anyone can add a "Bokeh" look with TouchUp by creating out-of-focus areas of an image with the blur effect. Users can also paint colors and tints onto images with a variety of brush types.
The app also provides common adjustments that can be applied to an entire photo or painted onto specific areas. Contrast and brightness are easily modified, as well as color temperature. A "Pro" upgrade is available through In-App Purchase that provides dodge and burn exposure refinements like those found in desktop image editing packages.
When a photo is ready to share with others, the TouchUp App provides many choices with just a few taps. Images can be saved to the Photo Library or sent as a mail attachment. TouchUp is also integrated with popular social media services such as Twitter and Facebook for easy sharing with friends and family.
* Import photos from iPad's Photo Library
* Browse flickr's recent photo stream for image sources
* Draw and Erase effects and adjustments by painting with your finger
* Apply creative effects such as: Black and White, Blur, Sepia Tone, Hue Shift and Tint
* Select from several adjustments including: Brightness, Contrast, Temperature
* Paint colors or tints directly onto photos
* Change brush opacity and choose a soft or hard edge
* Go pro with advanced adjustments like Dodge and Burn
* Stack effects in layers for sophisticated results
* Save photos to the photo library
* Share photos on Facebook, Twitter or as mail attachments
Pricing and Availability:
TouchUp for iPad 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4