It's simple to use and effective from day one thanks to the simply designed interface
The setup procedure in Mac Restart X takes only few seconds.
The application can restart a Mac on a regular basis selecting to have the restart any day at a specified time or a specified day of the week or one time only at a specific date and time using a calendar control or at launch using it via Apple iCal.
Additionally the Mac can also be restarted using the 'Web Restart' method. The application checks at regular time interval a web page and when a specified keyword is found inside, the Mac will restart. Useful to restart many computers at the same time.
Mac Restart X before executing the restart will warn the user before a prefixed interval time the user can set via preferences.
It can also launch a selected file or application before restarting.
Mac Restart is US$ 20 (Universal Binary)
* Doesn't slow down a Mac when in background, using minimal processor resources
* Uses native Mac OS X Date Time Calendar control
* Warns the user before restart showing a progress bar or jumping from the dock.
* Variable warning time interval adjustable in preferences
* 'Scheduled Restart', 'On Date Restart' , 'At Launch Restart' and 'Web Restart' let the user have a true choice
* Optional file launcher before restart
New in this release:
* Internal improvements
A bit of history:
Mac Restart X it is the successor of the successful Mac Restart running years ago on Mac OS Classic
The application is entirely rewritten for Cocoa and doesn't share a single line of code with the ancient Mac Restart for Mac OS Classic
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4