The iPhone Dev-Team has released a beta of their 'backup plan' untethered jailbreak. Currently the beta is only for Mac users and is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
● This is a beta tester program. Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
● For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
● Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
● This very first beta1 is limited to iPhone4, iPad, and iPod touch 4G.
● You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac.
You can download the updated version of RedSn0w here. You can find our tutorial HERE.
The second beta is now available (testers ONLY please!). This version should fix all the native app crashes (including Task switcher). That’s the only change in from beta1….Bluetooth is still disabled. If you had trouble using the usbmuxd in beta1, please wait until we incorporate that into redsn0w itself (i.e. don’t bother trying this beta2, just wait for the integration).
The third beta is now available (testers ONLY please!). This version extends the fix made in beta2 over to the non-GUI programs too (like the daemons that handle media content). That should cover things like Facetime, Winterboard themes, and embedded videos in iTunes. If you had trouble using the usbmuxd in previous betas, please wait until we incorporate that into redsn0w itself (i.e. don’t bother trying this beta3, just wait for the integration).
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4