Pictional has announced the release of TrueHDR 2.2, an update to TrueHDR, a high dynamic range (HDR) photography app that is one of a highly select group of fifty apps recently named by Apple to the "App Store Essentials Hall of Fame". TrueHDR enables users to take HDR photos on iPhone 4, 3GS, and iPod touch 4G, with two distinct styles - Natural and Enhanced. TrueHDR's latest release includes the following new features: geo-tagging, improved image alignment, and improved light metering for automatically setting exposures. To accompany the new release, TrueHDR has been placed on limited time sale for 0.99$, 50% off of its regular price.
TrueHDR is designed to address the issue that cameras can only capture a limited range of brightness in a single photo. In other words, when people take photos of a scene that has a large range from bright to dark, they often have to choose between the bright areas and the dark areas. TrueHDR enables users to take two pictures at different exposures, and then takes the best features of each and merges them into one picture that has vivid colors and details in both the shadows and sunny areas.
With TrueHDR 2.2, the app now does geo-tagging, saving photos with the automatically detected location information (if a user permits it to do so), so the user can keep track of where pictures are taken.
At the core of an HDR app, users want the best-looking results, and with TrueHDR 2.2, Pictional has made two key enhancements that lead to more beautiful pictures. The first is improved image alignment, which yields fewer ghosted edges and even crisper, higher quality result images than with previous versions. The second important innovation is improved light metering for the "Auto Capture" mode; this improvement involves using an enhanced method for metering the scene brightness and automatically setting exposures, thereby enabling users to capture a better range of details and produce a better balance between shadow and sun in their HDR photos.
* Geo-tagging, improved image alignment, and improved light metering for Auto Capture mode
* Choice of Natural or Enhanced modes, with Natural for the most realistic look and Enhanced for slightly more vivid colors and contrast - pick the look you like
* All new Natural mode gives you beautifully natural true-to-life colors, faster processing, and reduced image noise
* Easy capture with Rapid AutoCapture mode
* Greater control over exposure points with SemiAuto capture mode and manual mode
* Automatically saves original images for use with desktop HDR programs if desired
* Works on iPhone 3GS where the native camera does not offer an HDR option
* Full support for front facing camera in all three modes (Auto, SemiAuto, and Manual), making composing and taking self portraits easier and more fun than ever
* Convenient sharing features (Facebook, Twitter, email)
Pricing and Availability:
TrueHDR 2.2 is $0.99 USD, 50% off of its regular price for a limited period of time. It is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Promo codes for review purposes are available upon request.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4