Apple has released an update to its Remote app for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Control iTunes and Apple TV using your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad over your Wi-Fi network. Choose playlists, songs, and albums as if you were right in front of your computer or Apple TV. From anywhere in your home change a song, pick a playlist or browse through your entire library. With a flick of your finger, you can even control every aspect of the Apple TV user interface. Use your device’s QWERTY keyboard to quickly tap out the title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen. Then keep tapping to play, fast forward, rewind, and pause to your finger’s content. Remote has been fully optimized to take advantage of the large screen real estate of the iPad as well as the spectacular Retina display in the iPhone 4, and new iPod touch.
• Control iTunes and Apple TV, from anywhere in your home
• Pause, rewind, fast forward, shuffle, and adjust the volume from your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
• View album, movie, and TV show artwork
• Create and update Genius playlists
• Create and edit playlists in iTunes
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Control the volume on each speaker independently
• Control Apple TV with simple finger gestures
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Even control Shared Libraries on iTunes and the new Apple TV
What's New In This Version:
• Improvements when connecting to iTunes or Apple TV
• Addition of a "skip back" button when playing video
• Additional stability and performance improvements
Included in Version 2.1:
• AirPlay video support to control iTunes on your computer to stream videos to an Apple TV
• Internet radio control to play thousands of internet radio streams in iTunes on your computer
• The ability to control iTunes on your computer to play Movies and TV shows that are rented from the iTunes Store
• Addresses issues connecting to an iTunes library or Apple TV
• Includes stability and performance improvements
You can download Remote from the App Store for free.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4