Google has redesigned its app for the iPhone and renamed it 'Google Search'.
Get the most advanced Google search experience for your iPhone, now with Google Goggles, Voice Search and My Location.
* Search by taking a picture with your iPhone camera.
* Image recognition technology recognizes objects and returns relevant search results.
* Good at identifying barcodes, products, famous landmarks, storefronts, artwork, business cards and print ads.
* New! Translates text in 6 languages and solves Sudoku puzzles.
* Search by speaking into your iPhone.
* Just bring the phone to your ear, wait for the tone and speak your query.
* Supports American, British, Indian, Australian or South African English accents, Afrikaans, Cantonese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Simplified and Traditional), Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Zulu.
* See results customized to where you are (e.g. ‘weather’).
* Find places nearby without needing to type your current location (e.g. ‘pizza’ or ‘movies’).
* Google Suggest: get search suggestions as you type, saving you keystrokes.
* URL suggestions: navigate to popular web sites quickly by tapping site web address suggestions.
* Search history: instant access to your previous searches.
* Contact search: quickly find contacts in your address book.
* Easy access to other Google products: launch products like Maps, Gmail and Voice from the Apps tab.
What's New In This Version:
● New user interface with improved fast app-switching support
● Swipe right to make your search more specific
● Swipe down to access settings and log in to Google
● Updated help screen
● Certain corners rounded
● Goggles support for iPod touch and iPhone 3G
● Bug fixes
You can download Google Search from the App Store for free.
Our new Forum is now open here or on the top tabs marks Forums, please register and post..
For the latest limera1n, rubyra1n, and all tech stories, follow us on Twitter at
@iphonepixelpost or @limerain_com
- Posted using my iPhone 4